Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hay Muchas Cosas


A month in. A bit homesick. A lot to process at one time.

In the midst of every great thing there are always moments where you wish you could speed up time, or at least pause it to breathe. Yesterday I had a moment and thanks to Greg, I could talk it out.

At this particular point in my life I have a lot to think about, as far as my future goes. I have fallen in love with a lot of Nica things. If you don't know me, I get really excited and passionate about good things easily. In my brain, every other second I say I am going to move here, then the next one i am saying I just want to go back to Chicago. Its very exhausting. I am aware that I do not need to make that decision right now, so the next second I think "Joanna, stop thinking about that!"

Yesterday I was chopping away, dicing carrots and celery for dinner. Little ants were running rampantly across the table and the food. All I wanted to do was go and grab some bleach and raid, exterminate, and throw away the food! I had to contain my self, Griselda never seems to mind the ants, I didn't want to offend her. It is not that she is a dirty person at all, ants everywhere in the house is just normal. I have been able to get over some of my phobia of ants, but on days where I'm home sick and my mind is all over the place, its hard to find the strength to get over myself.

4 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Joanna my dear - I am sorry that you have had a more difficult time as of lately but today you remind me of Joshua. You have been called my dear and God has wonderful things in store for you. I wanted to share with you Joshua 1: 1-9. You are just like Joshua!!


God Commissions Joshua
1After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, 2"Moses my servant is dead. Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am giving to them, to the people of Israel. 3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory. 5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 7Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. 8This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Loving you, missing you, praying for you always.

Anonymous said...

Hi BooBoo! Sounds like you are hitting a bottom of sorts. I thought that maybe it would not happen cuz Greg was there and Griselda has been so loving and good to you. Take heart and know that if the ants come here to attack us as they do every year, I will fight them off for the both of us. I am hoping to not have it so bad this year since we have had the exterminators here so many times over the past year. I like the hydrangeas that you took pictures of. Just like mine. They probably live all year round there. Beo! That cart is muey bonita! It must have been hand painted. I have never seen a volcano from the top. Wow. Thanks for sharing! Love, Momma

Cynthia said...

Hi JoJo! I was laughing about your ants...but I know you weren't. I found a page link that talks about ants. How industrious and strong they are. It is based on the Biblical links and how they are so very intelligent. Maybe...now this is a stretch...but they are there and your are there for a lesson? Intelligent and faithful? (both you and your little 'friends') okay...so maybe I'm reaching trying to cheer you up, so here's the link. You read and decide. Have a Sweet Sunday.
http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/bible-truths-12700.html