Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tesoros de Dios

Within these walls is where societies' least of these are considered Treasures of Christ. At Tesoros de Dios, children cared for range from dyslexia to severe cerebral palsy. It is on those mats the children receive physical therapy and outside of the center they participate in horse therapy. Along with therapy, they are provided with various learning opportunities, such as computer skills.

The organization is run by pure passion, surviving on the little donations they get to pay bills and keep the place running comfortably for the children they serve. I met one of the women who helps to make this place happen a month or two back, today I had the chance to go to the center and I felt the joy the workers had, and the smiles on the children's faces reassured me that Teresos was doing a great work for Christ's kingdom.

I wanted to write about this because I know some of you have generous hearts and a little bird told me that any donations, even just 10$ helps them out tremendously. If you are interested in learning more about Tesoros de Dios just send me an e-mail and I can either get you more information or let you know how you can help at Joanna.Dykstra@trnty.edu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is this located? Is it in the Nehemiah Center? That looks like a very nice place for the kids. What adventures you have been on. Love you, Momma